If it's all about self-confidence (is it?) why not talk about that topic.
One thing I like to do is "ruin my own day" by having the grumpies or the sads. How stupid, I know. Here's the thing, you do it too.
It almost immediately becomes
<eeyore>oh garsh I can't do nothin righ
</eeyore>, which becomes self defeating.
I feel like a lot of what I need to do is own as actually-true some of the things that get worn out as clichés.
- Nobody's perfect.
- Everybody makes mistakes.
- Feelings are just things.
- You are full of monkey DNA.
- It gets better.
- Don't go down the "revenge" or "vindication ratholes, BUT it's possible you are often not the actual "problem"
- Own-as-True, all the way down to the logic circuits is sometimes hard, very hard.
- Fuck Emotions? Um. Well. Not the good ones but yeah, generally.
And there are clichéd thins you are supposed to do.
- Be nice to people.
- Think before you speak.
- Do neutral-human-word-for-meditation.
- Brush your teeth.
- Sleep well.
- Really think about what to do with what's left over.
Signing off. I've done none of those things so far today.
- 5 toasts