[mind][dog] Sorry, Lily. Get well soon.
Ooomg. Some dark shit happened to my dog. Sweet, sweet little foo foo lily, the transcontinental, fun-sized papillon who forgot to put on her undercoat (She's got a sick-drown-rat distribution of adorable fur. Properly fluffy in the pet zones of course. But she got a pie bald nipple array with a greyhound waist.... you get the idea.)
Here are the important points:
- Very traumatized lately by some ultra sonic stuff plus life's goings on. We have fixed this shit.
- Smoke alarm because pizza 7pm.
- Me: "Could you please open the front door so we can get a cross breeze?" Door opens, dog darts out.
- About an hour of handwringing and flashlights. And calling her with a combination of "Lili!" and baby-voice words she seems to just respond to sometimes. All the stops.
- Cross paths with wife, she's headed next door, who called. Super Awesome Dude. Thanks, dude. Handover, goodnight and gobless.
- Almost normal life. Almost normal except for "obviously traumatized".
- Eventually we find wounds.
- Trip to vet. Vet: "I think it was an owl."
- Still there.
- Prognosis good as far as we can glean of the doctor's very educated guess.
Sorry we failed you small, expressive foo foo.